published May 2013
Stand up for what you believe in !
Stop the systematic murder of our planet !
Make your voice heard !
Please check out this March Against Monsanto Nation Wide Event List to find where your country / area’s march is taking place on Saturday, May 25th 2013. This is a GLOBAL threat, a GLOBAL disaster, a GLOBAL UNIFICATION of our GLOBAL desire to see a world WITHOUT genetically modified organisms and chemical additives. JOIN AND BE HEARD! For the sake of your children and their children to come!
Read more about GMO’s & Monsanto in this previous article – Our (Almost) Genetically Modified World
& from the March Against Monsanto Mission Statement:
On May 25, activists around the world will unite to March Against Monsanto.
Why do we march?
- Research studies have shown that Monsanto’s genetically-modified foods can lead to serious health conditions such as the development of cancer tumors, infertility and birth defects.
- In the United States, the FDA, the agency tasked with ensuring food safety for the population, is steered by ex-Monsanto executives, and we feel that’s a questionable conflict of interests and explains the lack of government-lead research on the long-term effects of GMO products.
- Recently, the U.S. Congress and president collectively passed the nicknamed “Monsanto Protection Act” that, among other things, bans courts from halting the sale of Monsanto’s genetically-modified seeds.
- For too long, Monsanto has been the benefactor of corporate subsidies and political favoritism. Organic and small farmers suffer losses while Monsanto continues to forge its monopoly over the world’s food supply, including exclusive patenting rights over seeds and genetic makeup.
- Monsanto’s GMO seeds are harmful to the environment; for example, scientists have indicated they have caused colony collapse among the world’s bee population.
What are solutions we advocate?
- Voting with your dollar by buying organic and boycotting Monsanto-owned companies that use GMOs in their products.
- Labeling of GMOs so that consumers can make those informed decisions easier.
- Repealing relevant provisions of the US’s “Monsanto Protection Act.”
- Calling for further scientific research on the health effects of GMOs.
- Holding Monsanto executives and Monsanto-supporting politicians accountable through direct communication, grassroots journalism, social media, etc.
- Continuing to inform the public about Monsanto’s secrets.
- Taking to the streets to show the world and Monsanto that we won’t take these injustices quietly.
We will not stand for cronyism. We will not stand for poison.
That’s why we March Against Monsanto.
Here are some pictures from the May 25th, 2013 March Against Monsanto in Los Angeles. Great turn out though more people need to become aware of what is going on in the world. We passed many people who were not participating in the March and who had no clue what a GMO is. Everyone wakes up in their own time though, so no need to despair just blow them love and compassion to assist in their awakening!
Additional Evil Corporation Links:
see also article on GMO below – “Our (Almost) Genetically Modified World”
Monsanto rules America and kills the world:
Potential Health Hazards of Genetically Engineered Foods
Food industry front groups exposed in new report: Monsanto, Coke, Pepsi and more: The third edition of a report released last month by the International Food Information Council Foundation is anything but the “reasonable and helpful document” it may outwardly appear to be, writes Michele Simon, JD, MPH, of the Center for Food Safety, in a recent blog post. Rather, she says, it “is in fact the product of a well-oiled PR machine whose board of trustees includes executives from such food giants such as Coca-Cola, Kraft Foods, and Mars.”
Nestle’s Wet Dream: They Mark Up Water 53 MILLION Percent: The directors of Nestle must be breathing a sigh of relief as the world targets Monsanto with a barrage of negative publicity, global protests, and grassroots campaigns. While we’re all distracted by Monsanto’s GMO corruption of the food supply, Nestle is taking steps to profit off of the natural world with patents on breast milk and medicinal plants, and the privatization of water,and giving the seed company a run for the title of The Most Evil Corporation in the World.
America’s GM Grain Surpluses: Sowing the Seeds of Famine in Ethiopia: The “economic therapy” imposed under IMF-World Bank jurisdiction is in large part responsible for triggering famine and social devastation in Ethiopia and the rest of sub-Saharan Africa, wreaking the peasant economy and impoverishing millions of people. With the complicity of branches of the US government, it has also opened the door for the appropriation of traditional seeds and landraces by US biotech corporations, which behind the scenes have been peddling the adoption of their own genetically modified seeds under the disguise of emergency aid and famine relief.
Yet Another Frankenfood Pandora’s Box: the Majority of Supplements are Now Laced with GMOs
Lies GMO Labeling Opponents Are Pushing to Keep People in the Dark: It’s déjà vu. Last year a coalition of out-of-state, multinational biotech, pesticide and junk food corporations spent nearly $46 million to narrowly defeat Proposition 37, California’s GMO labeling initiative. Now, the same who’s who of the world’s most notorious global corporate bad actors has descended on Washington State. Why? To try to stop Washington State voters from passing I-522, a citizens’ initiative that, if passed, will require mandatory labeling of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in all food products sold in Washington.
Frankenflies to battle pests: Scientists plan to launch thousands of GM insects into fields as alternative to using chemicals: Just who are these Scientists and what rock did they crawl out from under? I have an idea, stop using pesticides and try a little Neem Oil or any other of the MILLIONS of natural products which existed WAY before the satanic chemical companies did. May Gaia strike down these GM Insects and reclaim what is rightfully hers.
FDA to hold first public hearing on GM babies: Meet the new Franken-babies. These “scientists” have NO shame (or soul).
Monsanto’s chemicals still ravaging human victims as Agent Orange continues to cause cancer: More than 40 years later and the unspeakable devastation caused by Monsanto’s Agent Orange herbicide, at least 20 million gallons of which was indiscriminately dumped on Vietnamese rainforests and crop fields during the Vietnam War by the American military, is still a grim reality for the likely millions of people and their children still suffering its consequences. New reports indicate that untold numbers of Vietnamese civilians, former soldiers and others exposed to the highly toxic chemical back in the 1960s and 1970s continue to develop terminal illnesses like cancer, as well as suffer from all sorts of other herbicide-induced health horrors.
Genetically engineered trees under USDA consideration could harm environment: Among the concerns laid out in the report is the immediate risk GE trees would pose to natural trees in the surrounding area. Not only are they expected to suck up at least twice as much water as normal trees, but GE trees are also known for their ability to spread seeds and pollens over great distances. If wild trees become contaminated they could be more vulnerable to pests and pathogens, thus risking the life span of natural US forests. The GE trees would also require substantial amounts of fertilizers and pesticides as well. [Gee, sounds fantastic!]